Sunday, June 2, 2019

Boarding Time

In one hour, I will be boarding the plane that will be taking me on my a journey of a lifetime- spending 11 weeks teaching English at EarthRights International in Chiang Mai. As I wait at O'hare in the international terminal, I look out at the plane we will be taking, which is covered in Sanrio characters. We'll be riding in style. Currently, I'm sitting with Annika Fuller, my partner in crime on this adventure. It's currently 11:09pm, and we're talking about how excited we are for this trip (but not the 20 hours of travel that we are about to embark on). However, the matching Sanrio boarding passes certainly helps.





You'd think that since I've already studied abroad, the transition from leaving home would be easier. But nope, having to walk away from my parents at the airport and saying bye to my sister was just as hard as it was the first time. Despite this, I know that I am going to have such a great time, and that I will have lots of stories to tell when I get home.

I'm really excited for the places I'm going to see, the food I'm going to likely binge, everyone that I am going to meet, and all that I am going to learn within these next few months. I hope to adventure as much as I can, while practicing my teacher voice and honing in on my lesson planning and teaching skills. It's going to be a wild ride, but I'm ready for it.



1 comment: